William Ernest Henley
Out of the night that covers me, Black as the Pit from pole to pole, I
thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under
the bludgeonings of chance My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears Looms but the Horror of the shade, And
yet the menace of the years Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the
scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
Bodybuilding at age 93
The Appalachian Trail
A Walk in the Woods
Bill Bryson’s book about walking the Appalachian Trail A Walk in the
Woods was made into a movie (comedy) where Bill Bryson is played by
Robert Redford. Please listen to the Audiobooks first.
Intro to Ultramarathons
Western States (100 miles)
Ultraman Triathlon (320 miles)
Recently published article on how Human Hearts Evolved to Need Regular
- 1. Winners (www.youtube.com)
- 2. Why bodybuilding at age 93 is a great idea: Charles Eugster (www.youtube.com)
- 3. Appalachian Trail (www.youtube.com)
- 4. Appalachian Trail (www.youtube.com)
- 5. A Walk in the Woods Trailer (www.youtube.com)
- 6. A Walk in theWoods (www.audible.com)
- 7. Audiobooks (www.audible.com)
- 8. From couch to ultra marathon: Bill Hoffman (www.youtube.com)
- 9. Western States (www.youtube.com)
- 10. Western States 70 (www.youtube.com)
- 11. Western States The SISU Journey (www.youtube.com)
- 12. Paula Newby Frazier is Hitting The Wall 1995 Ironman Hawaii (www.youtube.com)
- 13. The Crawl - Sian Welch & Wendy Ingraham (www.youtube.com)
- 14. Elle's journey to good health (www.youtube.com)
- 15. Lessons the Ultraman Triathlon taught me about life (www.youtube.com)
- 16. The Eternal Suffering of the Endurance Mind by Colin Robertson (www.youtube.com)
- 17. Human Hearts Evolved to Need RegularActivity (www.insidescience.org)
- 18. Rock Running - Real Olympics have few spectators. (www.youtube.com)